- OVERVIEW OF CEMETERY SECTION
The aim of the Cemetery Section is to provide a dignified and compassionate service that cares for the needs of bereaved families and continually improve/develop the facilities to meet the changing needs of the community.
This section is responsible for the management and maintenance of three cemeteries in Swakopmund as well as the booking of the Chapel, Niches, Graves, and memorial works.
Swakopmund Municipality offers the following facilities to the community
- Town Cemetery
- Tamariskia Cemetery
- Mondesa Cemetery
- Chapel for Memorial
- Cooler for Body
- PROCEDURES TO REGISTER DECEASED:
- Visit Cemetery officer with the following documents
- Death Certificate
- Removal order
- Copy of Client ID
- Cremation Certificate in cases of ashes or Urns
- Cemetery Officer captures information of deceased and generates a quotation which is provided to applicant.
- Applicant accepts quotation and makes relevant payment at the cashier hall as per quotation provided.
- Applicant returns to Cemetery Officer with receipt and officer scan and makes copies of all relevant documentation for record purposes.
- Cemetery officer enters receipt number, amount, and confirms booking to applicant.
- Grave is then prepared for burial
- Cemeteries Contact Number:
+264 64 4104635