1. VA RATES GENERAL
- Property rates are collected and used locally to fund various services provided by your municipality.
- You will be charged based on the value of the municipal property. The value of your property is also determined by any land improvements.
- Property rates apply to commercial, industrial, residential, agricultural and government property.
2. WATER CONSUMPTION DOMESTIC
- It is the amount of Water consumed by a household in a given period. It is calculated by deducting the current reading from the previous reading. The difference is units of kl of water consumed for the period.
- In the case of water, step charge tariffs are applied to determine the amount in N$.
3. RF DOM, BUS OR SENIOR
- This is a monthly Charge payable in respect of every erf, for the provision of rubbish bin and to empty the bin once a week.
- Is charged to a client whether rubbish bin was used or not.
4. SE BASIC DOMESTIC & SEC TI
- This is a monthly basic charge payable for the provision of services of the sewage line and is charged to a client whether was used or not.
5. SE ADDITIONAL DOMESTIC, BUSINESS & SENIOR CITIZEN
- This is additional to the sewage, chargeable according to the water usage per cubic litter. (This calculated based on water usage ).
6. SU FIRE BRIGADE SERV – RES
- Is a basic monthly charge in case of a fire
7. DISPOSAL FEES DOM, BUS OR SENIOR
- Is a monthly basic charge, for the maintenance of the rubbish for domestic (household), business or senior citizen?
8. SU CLEANING SERV
- Is basic monthly charge, for maintained of town cleaning. (to keep the town clean).
9. WA BASIC 020 MM DOM
- It is a monthly levy determined according to the diameter of the meter outlet which is charged to a client whether water was consumed or not.
- And or so preserved of water meter.
10. IMPROVE RATES
- This is a monthly levy charged in accordance with Local Authority Act, 1992 (Act 23 of 1992 on all property owners.
- This will be the calculation according to the current tariff: (Improvement Value x Current tariff).
- Consumers are welcome to come get their Invoices at Enquiries Desk or send email to Enquiries @ swkmun.com.na or call 064-4104308/09