Assistant Debtors, Admin & Property
Tel: +264 64 410 4320
Cell: +264 811457226
Always have your account number ready when doing enquiries
Where should I give my readings if I have a dog in my premises or my premises are always closed?
- You can call in for self-readings at 0811457226/0644104320 or email readings to email@example.com.
- For those with holiday houses or flats take your readings before departure and upon arrival and send to the numbers above or email.
- You can also give the readings in person at thee Finance Enquiries Counter.
Why is my bill high?
- High water bills are caused when used or leaks in a pipe on the consumer side.
Why there is Zero water consumption and what do I do?
- When you see Zero consumption on your bill notify the Municipality at 0811457226.
- When you see Zero consumption it means the meter is damaged or faulty and could not read.
- We humbly edge the consumers to check their water bills on a regular basis,
How is it possible that my bill is higher than my neighbour, though they a lot in their house than mine?
- Although your neighbours could have more people living in their home, their water habits/usage can be completely different from that of your house.
- They could only take bath in a basin or newer/different appliances.
- Several variables cause different between you and your neighbour’s bill.
- Its advisable to monitor your water usage and take measures to use less water.
How will I spot a leak or pipe burst and what do I do in order to see whether I have a leak?
- If you think you might have a leak take the following steps:
- Turn off all taps and appliances that use water.
- Wait for 30 minutes then take the meter reading.
- Do not open any taps or appliances for 1 – 2 hours, then take another meter reading
- Compare both readings, if you have not used any water and the reading have changed it means you probably have a leak.
NB: Get a registered plumber to fix your leak and if it exceeds 60cubic, take the plumber’s invoice to the Accountant: Revenue Mrs P Shiimi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check regularly for leaks and signs
- Check the usage dates printed on your bill on the left side under meter reading dates.
- Check leaking toiles.
- A faucet dripping slowly, a faucet one drop every 2 seconds could waste a lot of water.
- Geyser pipes leaks in the wall.
- Damp patches in your property or outside.
- Irrigation valves (Sprinkler valves) check valves regularly and replace when broken.
- Lush grass where there is little irrigation could also be a sign.
NOTE: Call in a registered plumber to investigate, if you are not sure of the side you call the Municipality at 0811457226 or mail to email@example.com
NOTE: If consumers spot a leak in the road, street or footpath, kindly call 0811448487 as early as possible.